Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Giant Pile of Dog Crap

That's pretty much how I felt during my run today. No energy and I was surprised the pace was what it was. I did feel a little better as the run went on, but that's still not saying much.

Likely reasons:
A) Jumping into an intense week last week without properly easing up to that level (no doubt this is the biggest reason).
B) Busy day, as school has started and was followed with XC practice. As a result my brain is a bit frazzled.
C) An okay, but still not stellar diet the past two days. Because of A and B proper diet becomes even more important.

Remedy:
A) Set the ego aside and take tomorrow off.
B) Get a good night's sleep tonight.
C) Eat even healthier, including making sure I'm getting lots of iron.

Ran 5.6 miles @ 8:03/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 70s, partly cloudy, humid.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: