Thursday, August 04, 2011

Recovery and Exploration

I haven't run since Sunday's race. Legs got a nice break there and I hit the woods out back to shake them loose a bit. Kept the pace slow and easy. Feeling fine overall. Some lingering soreness in the hamstrings but nothing abnormal which is good.

Will continue with all easy runs for the rest of this week and next. I have the Bradbury Breaker trail race a week from Sunday, which is an extremely hilly and tough nine miles. I'd like my legs to be as fresh as possible for that but at the same time don't want them to go stale, so it's a matter of playing it by ear and just maintaining.

As for today's route, I started out on the fire roads and some single track but then I explored a lesser traveled trail I don't think I've been on before. I thought I pretty much had redlined all of the trails back there, but I guess not. Trail ended up gradually fading out though, and I was soon bushwacking. Decided to turn around and call it good.

Ran 3.7 miles @ 10:45/mile pace.
Trails, some fire roads.
Mostly flat.
Mid 60s, overcast.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: