Friday, August 19, 2011

One Mile Time Trial

The nice thing about helping coach the XC team is that I'm often able to run with them and I love taking advantage of that when the workouts fit into my own training. That was the case today. I wanted to get in some leg turnover but also didn't want to do anything too extensive given the race recovery (which I'm just about over with).

On tap: A one mile time trial. I had planned to go all out and break my PR of 5:31, which I set about four years ago (and haven't attempted to break since).

After a warm-up, I lined up with the boys and we were off. Very fun to run with those guys and push each other the whole way. I felt I paced it nicely but still only came in at 5:26. A new PR, but I had anticipated coming in around 5:15. I think I'm capable of that, but perhaps the planets just weren't aligned today. Oh well. Still nice to PR though. Afterwards, went for a short cool down.

Looking forward to running the Bradbury Bruiser course tomorrow. Sunday will be another easy day, probably on trails as well. Next week, I plan to start ramping up the mileage without overdoing it (around 55?). Focus continues to narrow in on the MDI Marathon this fall. I have a lot of work to do if I'm going to break my time from last year (which is the goal).

w/u: Ran 1.6 miles @ 7:29/mile pace.
Ran 1.0 mile in 5:26.
c/d: Ran 1.6 miles @ 8:53/mile pace.

Warm up and cool down on slightly hilly roads.
Upper 70s, sunny, humid and hazy.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: