Saturday, March 05, 2011

Tiger Blood

I had mentioned a couple of times in previous posts that I didn't feel I was getting in enough medium or medium-long runs at marathon pace. Did that today (faster actually) and it went well. Very well, in fact.

Route was a bit longer than I anticipated and the pace a bit quicker. Was going for 16 miles between 7:15-7:20/mile pace but ended up with 17 miles at 7:03/mile and felt great. Patting myself on the back after this one. Great confidence booster and several more bales of hay in the barn.

Now I want food, and lots of it.

Ran 17.0 miles @ 7:03/mile.
AHR/MHR - 151/161
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 30s to mid-40s, overcast.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, long sleeved shirt (sleeves pushed up after a few miles), short sleeved shirt, beanie.

Powered by RunningAHEAD.com

2 comments:

K8 said...

The hay is in the barn. Can't wait to watch you rip up Boston.

Scout said...

Amazing!