Wednesday, March 16, 2011

All Systems Go


I woke up this morning and the left calf felt as if it was continuing to heal, but it still felt pretty tight and like it had a ways to go. Then, this afternoon after my students had left, it suddenly hit me that the calf felt 100% better. Seriously. No tightness at all and that knot that I had been feeling had dissipated. Cool.

A cold rain was falling though and I failed to pack the proper clothing, so I opted to go home before I ran. After a nap on the couch as the rain died down, I decided I would still keep the mileage very short but pick up the pace a little to test the calf.

It went very well. Felt fine and no aggravations. Mile splits ended up being 7:19, 7:01 and 6:22. I feel confident that I'll be able to do my speed workout tomorrow with no problems. Whew.

Ran 3.1 miles @ 6:54/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 30s, overcast, light drizzle.
Saucony Kinvara, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

1 comment:

mindy said...

You get some kind of running karma points for running after a nap on the couch and after it rained. Yay for the calf, too! Look out Boston!