Thursday, March 03, 2011

Postholing Along

I forgot to pack my hat and gloves in my workout bag, so running from work this afternoon wasn't a good option. Instead, I zipped home, changed and ran from there. I normally don't like to do that, as when I get home from work I associate it with relaxing and chilling out, making it difficult mentally for me to get out for a run. Much easier to just run from work.

Given the circumstances, I got over that today though and hit the trails in the woods behind house. The snowmobile trails were much softer than I anticipated and I postholed quite a bit. Nothing deep, but enough to rob momentum and make it slow going. Was a good workout though. Despite that, didn't push it too much and the overall effort was easy.

Ran 6.3 miles @ 9:30/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Trails with soft snow.
Very hilly.
Mid 20s, sunny.
Adidas Adizero XT (screwed), long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: