Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Konk-A-Ree!

Today I finally spotted Maine's harbingers of spring during my run... red-winged blackbirds! I was a few miles into the run when I heard their "konk-a-ree!" call and looked up in a tree and saw a few dozen of the noisy little buggers.

Fitting day to see them, as it was a beautiful afternoon out. I was overly dressed, but opted not to shed a layer out of laziness.

Run itself went well. Didn't feel very in sync at first, but that changed as the run went on. All and all went well. Work has been crazy the past few days with upcoming school competitions, so this run was most welcome.

Ran 8.0 miles @ 7:32/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 144/161
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Upper 30s, sunny.
Saucony Kinvara, long pants, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

1 comment:

RunSueRun said...

Hey Jamie, I've been dive bombed by red-winged blackbirds before! Pretty funny actually. Must've been a mama guarding her babies. Have also been bluff (?) charged by spruce grouses a few times!

:)