Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hilly Progression Run

School competitions going on and my schedule is whacky, but it worked out well in that I had a good window to run in the morning and I was able to somewhat beat the weather. Moderate snow started to fall about midway through the run, but it was of the heavy wet variety and didn't stick to the roads, so not an issue.

Run itself went quite well. Really good hills on this route, which climbs a ridge and then rolls downhill back to the my house. It was a true progression run with the first split in 7:52 and I worked down to 6:42 for the last. Felt great.

Ran 10.1 miles @ 7:19/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A (didn't feel like wearing the strap)
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 30s, overcast, moderate snow halfway through the run.
Saucony Kinvara, long pants, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: