Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Short and Splints

Just a short five today. Truth be told, I had planned on at least twice that today, but the shin splints I've been experiencing the past week or two felt really flared up so I cut it short. I'm not too concerned though. I've had shin splints several times in the past, and know they only last a month at the most for me. Glad to be dealing with this "problem" as opposed to the PF one.

Ran 5.0 miles @ 8:13/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 147/172
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 40s, sunny.
Shorts, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt.

3 comments:

pathfinder said...

I hate shin splints.....

MB said...

way to keep the spirits up as injuries can be such a nag

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

They'll go away...relax and enjoy the weather. They might just go away with the snow, and then you'll be all set.

Good sap weather.