Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Hills and Wind

Adjusted my running plans a bit at the last minute to take advantage of some back roads, since Rt. 109 going towards Acton was still a bit narrow with the snow banks and had quite a few ice patches. This meant trading a few miles distance for some much bigger hills. Distance turned out to be shorter than I anticipated, but adequate. In fact, I felt a bit beat up today. Nothing bad, just what one typically feels when in the process of ramping up the mileage.

I was very slow today as a result. The head wind for the first few miles also didn't help much. Very windy today. But I felt warmed up as I neared the top of the ridge, and the by that time the wind was at my back. Combined with the subsequent downhill, it made for a much easier second half.

I have another active release therapy appointment tomorrow. Will play running afterwards by ear, depending how I'm feeling. I will say this though, the ART along with the heel lift, strengthening and stretching regiment they have me on is clearly working. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm definitely getting there.

Ran 7.6 miles @ 8:48/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 148/162
Paved roads, some patches of ice and snow.
Very hilly.
Upper 20s, partly cloudy, very windy.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.


1 comment:

mindy said...

You know your plan better than anyone else - keep up the awesome work! Very inspiring the way you keep hammering it out and staying patient. It will all pay off for sure.