Thursday, March 05, 2009

ART Session #5 and a Back Cove Run

Had another active release therapy session today. Long story short, everything is on track. I should clarify though that while I've gotten into the habit of calling these active release therapy sessions, the ART is only part of the plan. It's been a combination of that along with some chiropractic work, identifying that I have a shorter leg and correcting that with a heel lift, and undergoing the strengthening and stretching regiment that is doing the trick. Shock and awe, baby, shock and awe.

As for the run, it went well. I had originally planned on two laps around the Back Cove but just did one, since I don't want to do too much before the weekend, where I have another long-ish run planned. Besides, trail conditions around the cove were less than ideal. Equal patches of mud, ice and snow. In some cases, that might be fun, but not really for that area.

Ran 3.6 miles @ 7:50/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 159/175
Trails coated with snow, ice and mud.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 30s, partly sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: