Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dump Loop in the AM

I'm heading up to Bangor this morning for a school competition, which afforded me a little extra time in the morning to get in a run without much hassle. Run went well, though a 2-mile uphill stretch was a bit unpleasant since I played leapfrog with a garbage truck.

Overall pace would have been about :30/mile faster, but the dirt road on the downhill was coated with very slick ice. Had to walk a few sections of it, and when able to run it was slow going until I reached the paved section.

Running tomorrow is pretty much out of the question, but I plan on doing a long run on Saturday after I sleep in, so no real worries.

Ran 5.6 miles @ 8:40/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 146/160
Paved roads, and ice-coated dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 20s, sunny, windy.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: