Monday, March 30, 2009

Running in the Rain

Monday's are my long days since I have grad school. Had plans to meet up with a classmate to run a couple of miles before class on the USM campus. She was late, so I did those alone. However, she did run a couple with me afterwards and then I tacked on an extra mile to bring me to five total for the day.

Legs and body feel pretty good after the big run on Saturday. Just some soreness that is actually not that bad at all. All good news as it's time to start getting down to business with the training, and fortunately I feel I'm getting over the problems I've been having in time to also get in adequate preperation for the Western States 100. Speaking of which, I booked my airfare for said race yesterday. Rock bottom prices to be had with airfare right now!

Run before class:
Ran 2.1 miles @ 8:24/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 149/161

Ran after class:
Ran 3.0 miles @ 9:19/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 138/157

One mile loop repeated for both runs.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 40s, light rain, overcast.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

Garry said...

Great to hear that the problems seem to be behind you. It is a great time to be booking flights as the prices are rock bottom. I need to go somewhere!

Thomas said...

It sounds like it's all coming together now.

Enjoy the training for WS100!