Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Another Mt. Hope Run

Hit Mt. Hope again today. Good run with ridiculous hills that are a fantastic workout. Despite the rest day yesterday, still feeling a touch beat up from the mileage increase, but nothing out of the ordinary. Still, I plan on taking a step back this week with the mileage to help with recovery, which is good timing because there's a lot going on this week with work, particularly on Thursday and Friday. I might just use both of those days as rest days, though somewhat begrudgingly.

On the PF front, I'm continuing to see genuine improvement. The general ache/pain I've felt constantly has waned dramatically, and when I do have flare-ups they are less intense, shorter, and I recover from them much, much quicker. And, all this has been going on while I've been ramping up the mileage. All good signs, for sure. I still have ways to go before declaring it gone, but I'm getting there. For now, it's just nice to be able to run comfortably for the most part.

Ran 11.1 miles @ 8:41/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 142/166
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Lower 40s, mostly cloudy.
Shorts, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt.

2 comments:

Thomas said...

Excellent progress, Jamie. I guess you haven't given up on WS, then.

mindy said...

Niiiiiiceee!!!!