Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thieves and Mt. Hope

I received quite a shock when I walked into my classroom this morning. Long story short, it was ransacked and about $4000 worth of equipment was stolen. I didn't have my usual students today, as we are interviewing potential students for next year, so my kids will no doubt be very bummed when they return tomorrow and find out what happened. The teacher's classroom next to mine was also hit, and equipment totaling about the same value of mine was also stolen.

So, it was a rough day and a run was much needed. I ran up Mt. Hope in the town I teach in. Very steep climb, and I followed the ups and downs on top of the ridge before enjoying a long downhill at the end of the run. Graph below appears to be pretty accurate.

Ran 11.0 miles @ 8:41/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 141/164
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Mid-upper 30s, overcast with light sleet.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest, gloves (off and on)

6 comments:

Love2Run said...

I glad to hear you found some good hills to run. That's serious up and down. Too bad about those thieves, a real bummer.

mindy said...

That sucks!! I hope they find out who did it, that's terrible for your kids. Nothing like hills to get it out of your system.

Blaine Moore said...

I hope that they find out who did it. It's a terrible feeling. My house got hit not this past Christmas but the one before; stupid thieves were too dumb to take my slider out of its track in the back and instead smashed it in with a baseball bat, leaving a huge hole in the side of my house. Oh well, we were going to replace that door sooner or later with a more secure and better insulated one anyway.

Good luck.

Thomas said...

That's a real bummer. Something similar happened to us in Vienna, years ago, and I remember being soooo angry about it.

That's a nice hilly run. Reminds me of my own Caragh lake route.

Anonymous said...

Inside job? Disgruntled Student? What is this world coming to? Very frustrating.

Looking forward to those muddy trails.

Runner NYC said...

I'm sorry, Jamie! I hope your equipment gets replaced soon and that your students recover from the shock quickly!