Saturday, March 15, 2008

Elk Run

Spent the day relaxing before finally kicking myself out of the door for a run. It's been a whirlwind past couple of days with the school competition. I teach video production, and had five of my students total competing (another 45 or so from my school went for various other categories) against kids from all over Maine. They all did fantastic and I'm very proud of their work ethic and attitude. Two of my students earned gold medals and another earned a bronze, which was huge! They faced some very tough competition and it was great to see their hard work pay off.

Roads were very clear, which was nice considering we got another few inches of snow this morning. This was a new variation of a route, which was great because it went past an elk farm. Pretty darn cool to run past it and see a dozen or so elk just staring at me as I ran by. Will have to do this route more often in order to hear one of them bugling.

Worth noting my heart rate was a little on the high side probably due to indigestion. Great run though. Would like to try to go long tomorrow, if the weather allows it.

Ran 11.3 miles @ 8:13/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 144/160
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 30s, overcast.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, refl. vest, beanie.


1 comment:

mindy said...

Congrats to your students! I didn't know we had elk so far south in Maine - pretty cool.