Sunday, March 16, 2008

Long Run to End the Week

A light snowfall at the beginning of the run turned to a pretty good moderate snowfall after a few miles. Fortunately, none of it was sticking and it added to the peaceful ambiance of the back roads I was running on. It ended about 16 miles into the run.

This route took advantage of some killer hills in my area. I'd post the elevation profile, but it looks pretty skewed and I'm questioning its accuracy. But basically there were three major, buttkicking hills with a whole slew of smaller climbs and drops in between. Great workout. Pleased with my heart rate given the effort with the elevation changes.

Ran 22.7 miles @ 8:35/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 142/167
Paved and dirt roads.
Extremely hilly.
Mid 30s to start, near 40 at end. Overcast, snowing.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest, beanie.


Week in Review:

Total mileage: 70.4

Mon: 15.1
Tue: 0
Wed: 11.1
Thu: 10.2
Fri: 0
Sat: 11.3
Sun: 22.7

8 comments:

Thomas said...

Nice long run. Or does that even qualify as a long run for an ultra runner?

mindy said...

Nice week - and awesome pace and HR today. Nothing like some buttkicking hills!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Better faster stronger :-)

Your doing Awesome Jamie...Love ur FOCUSED training effort.

WSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

UltraFlash said...

Nice job brother. You are going to kill WS. I am currently compiling a list of killer stories to relate to you as we make our way over the last 40 miles of the WS Trail, cross over the Rucky Chucky, and you come into Auburn as Patton came into Palermo, a conquering hero! Care for company Saturday on a long run?

RunSueRun said...

You ran twice as far as I did today. :) Sounds like your WS training is coming along great!

Michael Jay Dotson said...

70+ miles on 5 days is pretty damn good in my book. I wish I could handle the longer stuff like you but I'm sure that it's just part and parcel to being an ultra runner.

Olga said...

You garmin elevation profiles look like horror! Any chance you can add on a line of total gain for computer-challenged folks like me? :) Don't forget, you should be about to start hill repeats, long steep hill repeats...doing great, Jamie!

Luc said...

Jaime,

I gotta ask... How are you getting this great Google Earth course? I just got a Garmin a few months ago and when I export the map to Google Earth, it pollutes my display with a nasty big boxes all along my course. Your routes through the woods are always so nice looking with nice looking lines and mile markers. It would be great if you could throw me a hint.

Oh yeah, great run here. :) Your pace is insane especially on your hilly terrain. You're gonna crush WS08!

Thanks!