Friday, March 07, 2008

Beach Run

I almost didn't run today. I felt very tired by the time I got out of a meeting in Scarborough. Even my favorite Tim Horton's coffee at lunch time didn't help wake me up much. As I was walking to my car, I had all but decided to bag the run when I suddenly thought that doing so would be stupid. I then got mad at myself and drove to Piney Point, parked my car, and went for a nice beach run. Took it slow and easy and rather enjoyed the views of the crashing waves and islands off the coast as I moseyed along. Good call.

Rest day scheduled for tomorrow. Good timing with a full day of cold rain expected (glad it's not snow).

Ran 12.2 miles @ 9:01/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 138/180 (I suspect the MHR is an anomaly)
Beaches with packed sand, with about a mile or so of paved roads.
Very flat.
Upper 30s, overcast, windy.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, beanie.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Way to get out there and get a nice run in. You were just a few miles from where I live! Enjoy the rest day, your body will thank you.