Thursday, March 13, 2008

Morning Run

I'm helping with a school competition some of my kids are competing in later today and all day tomorrow, which afforded me a morning run that I didn't have to wake up super early for. My legs were void of that pillars of concrete feeling they had yesterday, which was nice especially given the course I ran climbs uphill for much of the first four miles.

About halfway through the run, a bio break was needed. I was scanning the woods looking for a place where the snow wasn't too deep, when my indirect prayers to the toilet gods were answered in an unexpected way. There, up a little ways along a side dirt road was a green monolith that is a welcome site for any runner when nature calls... a porta pottie. That made my morning. I've been growing a little tired of using snowballs as toilet paper.

I'm hoping I can sneak in a run tomorrow, but that may not really be possible. If not, no biggie. There's always the weekend.

Ran 10.2 miles @ 8:15/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A (forgot to wear my strap, realized this a mile into the run)
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
~20 degrees, sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest, beanie, gloves.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Snowballs as toilet paper? Ugh!

Runner NYC said...

Ditto Thomas!

The things you do for fun!! The hills on that course are crazy!!

GetBackJoJo said...

Pretty awesome to find a random porta potty in the middle of nowhere... :)