Monday, March 03, 2008

Dumbbell Loop

Opted for multiple trips running the dumbbell shaped loop around the high school and junior high school to avoid the visibility and traffic problems caused by the now even higher snow banks around the town I teach in. This didn't seem as boring as it did last Thursday. I think that's because I was thankful to run on firm terrain after yesterday's death march through the loose snow.

Battery was dead on the Garmin, but I could accurately calculate my pace since I knew the loop was 1.15 miles. After completing each loop, I drew a line for each lap in the dirt and salt caked on the rear window of my car to help keep track.

Ran 10.3 miles @ 7:58/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - N/A
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 40s, mostly to partly cloudy.
Long pants, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Great run, Jamie. I got in a nice tempo run on ye olde treadmill this morning and it was nice to be on firm ground!