Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The North Face Does an About Face

As a follow-up to my entry yesterday about the questionable set-up for picking up race packets for The North Face's Bear Mountain 50, the company is now allowing racers to pick up packets at the race start/finish area the day before the race.

While it's great they saw the error in their ways and made the steps to correct it, it's still a shame that it took several irate runners to voice their complaints in order to get them to do so. I can only imagine they had no choice to do otherwise and it's a shame it wasn't THEIR first choice to begin with, one that should have been obvious.

But to their credit, they did correct it. I'm still leaning towards not running the race though. I'm still a bit sketched out.

5 comments:

Blaine Moore said...

I still plan on skipping it.

Granted, I didn't intend on running it in the first place, but I'd probably still skip it after the registration bit anyway.

GetBackJoJo said...

Glad they saw the error of their ways.
I'd still skip it.
But that's because I can't imagine running that far!

Runner NYC said...

Wow - that's some story! I'm glad they responded positively to the runners complaints.

UltraFlash said...

Stop your whining and run it. Don't be a wimp. Vote Obama.

Jamie Anderson said...

Alright now, Stephen, don't make me put the smack down on yo' ass!