Saturday, January 31, 2009

Progress

Today's second run in the inserts also proved well. Like yesterday, I could still feel the PF but the inserts seem to really help a lot at managing pain or inflammation from getting much worse during the run. I did feel things flame up a little about five or six miles in... nothing bad though... but curiously, it went back down for the remaining few miles. That's never happened before.

This is all good news, but I'm trying to keep from getting my hopes up too much. Still, it feels nice to run comfortably overall. Hopefully this can continue.

I didn't feel particularly speedy today so I kept the pace slow and comfortable. Good run, even if I did feel a bit rusty. No worries with that though. I'm just happy to have fun running again.

Ran 9.2 miles @ 8:32/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 150/162
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Lower-mid 20s, sunny, breezy.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves (off and on).

No comments: