Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kicking Off More Rust

Had a nice little five mile run this afternoon. I think giving myself two days off after the 13.4 miler on Saturday was a good idea, even though it wasn't planned. Once warmed up today, the run felt pretty easy and the pace picked up, and I hit the last mile in 6:59 and it all just felt right.

Today was the warmest day of what is supposed to be a very frigid week. High temps only in the single digits are predicted by Thursday and Friday. Extra layers will be needed, fo' sho'!

Ran 5.0 miles @ 7:49/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 159/174
Paved roads, patches of snow and slush.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 20s, overcast.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

4 comments:

Grellan said...

A 6:59 mile - now that's what I call kicking - no chance for the rust to hanfg on.

Andrew said...

What Grellan said.

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

What Andrew said.

A rolling runner gathers no rust.

Damon said...

Good to see you moving again. Stay healthy though. We have an appointment in June.

I've got all of my reservations made for WS. All that's left is 5 months of hard training.