Monday, January 19, 2009

Round and Round and Nice and Slow

I opted to go into the school today to get some preliminary work done, and followed it up with a run. Because we got 16"-18" of snow yesterday, the roads looked really bad for running on the drive in (looked much better on the drive home though), since the shoulders were either non-existent or in bad shape, so I just did a few laps around the high school and junior high parking lots.

Even those weren't the best. There was still a coating of packed snow covering 95% of the parking lots, but it was runnable. Just had the keep the pace slow. That was fine, since I'm still sore from the other day and I've also got a bad cold. Taking a day off today probably would have been better because I'm sick, but I wanted to get in at least a few miles.

Hoping to run again tomorrow, but will see how I'm feeling with this bug I got.

Ran 3.7 miles @ 8:55/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 144/154
Paved roads coated with packed snow.
Mostly flat.
Upper 20s, partly sunny.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

2 comments:

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Hope you get over the bug soon.

Hey, thanks for the video on making snow, it inspired me and the boys to go out and make some as well. They really enjoyed it.

I hit the x-country trails last week to try skating, and yes, it is a whole new ball game, but really fun once you get it going. Hang in there!

Mr. Petes said...

How can you possibly run outdoors in Maine in the winter! Even if there is no snow on the ground, I would instantly lose the feeling in my hands and feet! Anyways, I have been reading your blog daily and really enjoy it. I have also started a running blog and hope you'll check it out:

www.RunnersWrite.com

Keep up the good runs!