Thursday, January 08, 2009

Nice Five in the Afternoon

Run this afternoon went well. Rust continues to come off, but I still have my work cut out for me. However, run felt easier as it progressed, which is always a good sign.

Short run tomorrow, and then a planned DNF at a 50K Fat Ass this weekend. I'll just do the 10k loop once or maybe twice. I'm hoping for two, but don't want to push it. However, like last weekend, I'm hoping the slower pace on packed, snowy trails will allow me to do the distance easier.

Ran 5.0 miles @ 8:02/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 155/168
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 30s, partly sunny, breezy.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

6 comments:

mindy said...

Awesome. Glad you got a good run in without the bother of the PF. Looking forward to tomorrow, I'd like to get in hopefully 2 laps as well, will be my longest run since coming back.

Grellan said...

Nice running. I'd be wary of the Fat Ass. Take it easy.

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Good run Bro

Help with the rust click here

:-)

Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Running through and recovering from an injury can be very discouraging. It sounds as if you're doing all that you can to deal with the injury and time and patience will take care of the rest. As I said in a comment a couple of months ago,I had terrible PF in my mid-thirties and have been running with inserts painfree for nearly ten years,so there is hope. I wish you the best you're doing great.

Damon said...

Have fun with the run tomorrow. I wish I could be there, but there are people expecting me to be at Sugarbush to do my teaching thing.

Good job on starting to get some training runs in. Stay healthy.

Jamie Anderson said...

Thanks all. As for the PF, I really think the night splint I've been wearing the past week is helping. Time will tell for sure though.