Friday, January 02, 2009

Not So Good

My second test run went pretty crappy, truth be told. The pain I felt was undoubtedly plantar fasciitis related, as opposed to the area being bruised from the shot. And the pain was pretty bad, enough to where I think it was affecting my gate.

It's still early on, and I can only hope today was a bad day. If all of them are going to be like this, I might have to do some serious reevaluating of everything. But I'll give it some more time and try to have more patience.

Mark asked if I was still going to give cross training a go. Answer is yes. I'll probably join a gym soon.

Ran 3.0 miles @ 8:21/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 152/168
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Mid-teens, overcast.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

5 comments:

mindy said...

Hang in there Jamie - I have the strong feeling this is a temporary thing. I sure know what it's like to be out of the game, but this won't be permanent!

Garry said...

Don't get discouraged, patience is a virtue. All things considered adding some cross training could open up a whole new world to you. Chin up!

sn0m8n said...

That's a big pile of suckage. Maybe you should try...um, you've gotten enough advice. Heal up.

Andrew said...

Keep at it Jamie. It will come.

Love2Run said...

Sending good vibes your way... Take care and good luck with it. Remember the big goals ;-)