Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Beach Run Under Vanilla Skies

I'm still sick, and (re)learned the hard way that I probably should have taken today off as my energy was sapped, but I thought running on the beach and breathing in the fresh ocean air might do my sinuses some good. Definitely will take a rest day tomorrow though.

Got in a little over five miles. Very pretty out and hardly a soul to be seen. As I was wrapping up, the sun was beginning to set and I snapped the below picture with the cell phone. I love Maine... the variety of beautiful terrain around here never grows tiresome.

Ran 5.2 miles @ 8:53/mile pace.
AHR/MR - 149/161
Beaches with packed sand.
Very flat.
Upper 20s, partly cloudy.
Long pants, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, beanie gloves.

11 comments:

bricey said...

nice photo - certainly makes a change to have some colour other than white!! Spent some time between Portland and Bar Harbour a few years back - nice part of the world.

Sparkplug said...

Nice photo!
Rest up and get better :-)

Andrew said...

That is a nice picture.

Love2Run said...

looks almost warm, nice pic!

Garry said...

I can see why you love living in Maine. That is a great shot! Hope you are feeling better soon.

mindy said...

Viva Maine! Hope you feel better soon. Lost tonight!!

Damon said...

Be careful running while sick. I know that I do it all the time too, but two years ago, I tried to run and ski through an illness in February and it dragged out for six weeks. If your body is run down and your running form suffers, it might help the PF to make a comeback as well. I expect you to be on that line with me in June this year and this year, we're going the whole way to Auburn, not just the top of the mountain to look into the canyons.

Jamie Anderson said...

Damon, words of wisdom for sure. Can't wait for June!

Swimming for ME said...

Sounds like a memorable run and all so very true what you say about Maine being beautiful. During the inauguration I kept picturing a quick flash of Portland Head Light popping on as one of those iconic America the Beautiful shots... only it was way too cold to be out there cheering Obama on!

Sonhasrisenrunning said...

Beautiful spot to get a run in. It's nice to see that your training is going well. It's always a tough call to make whether to run or not when you're not feeling well. Good job!

Luc said...

Very nice! I can't wait to visit Maine, it looks beautiful in every aspect (mountains, wilderness, & ocean).