Saturday, January 03, 2009

Good Run on the Bradbury Trails

Met up with Stephen, Ian, Mindy, Ryan, Jim D. and Randy for a run at Bradbury Mountain State Park today. Great run overall that went better than expected on a few fronts.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd classify the pain/discomfort during yesterday's run as an 8 or a 9. Today, I'd say it was more of a 5 or 6. I'll gladly take that, and it was quite tolerable. Also was pleasantly surprised at my energy. Unlike the last two days, I didn't feel rusty at all and even got in more mileage than I originally planned.

I had planned on between 5-7 miles, and turned around to head back when I realized I was going to get in about 6.5. What was nice was that Mindy also turned around with me. We hadn't talked in a while so it was great to catch up. We got back to the parking lot and Mindy wanted to get in 8 miles, and she was able to nudge me into tacking on another one and half, so we headed back out.

I'm not sure why I felt better today. It could be several things and I don't feel like listing them all as I'm sick of even thinking or talking about the PF, so I'm going to shut up now and head downstairs and make some bacon and eggs.

Ran 8.0 miles @ 9:50/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 147/170
Trails coated with packed snow.
Very hilly.
11 degrees to start, mid-20s to end, partly cloudy.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are back on there on the trails. See you out there soon.

sn0m8n said...

Bacon makes everything better.

Garry said...

Ummm bacon....Good job on the run. Now let's hope the PF stays at bay.

Love2Run said...

What a difference a day makes. Must be the meat!