Sunday, February 01, 2009

Lottery

Imagine you have a lottery ticket and you're sitting in front of your TV watching the live drawing. A fan forces the numbered ping pong balls to dance around in a clear container as the girl in the fancy evening dress with a fake smile plastered on her face waits for her cue. She gets it from the cheesy announcer guy in the cheap suit, and a single ball spits into a chute.

The guy calls out the number. You notice it's on your ticket. Cool.

The process repeats and a second number is called. It's also on your ticket. This is getting interesting.

The third number is called, it's also on your ticket. Your heart rate just went up a few beats...

Let's end the story there for now. But I think that best exemplifies how I'm currently feeling in regards to my plantar fasciitis. I just had another very successful run. Slightly longer than yesterday's, but even less discomfort.

On a scale of 1-10, with one being no PF discomfort and ten being the worst, I'd say most of my runs the past few months have averaged between 5 and 7. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I'd rate yesterday's run at a three and today's at a two, maybe even a 1.9 or 1.8.

But in theme of my metaphor, it's still early and I don't want to get my hopes up. However, these inserts do appear to be doing their job so far. I'm very encouraged, and hope they keep calling the right numbers.

Rest day tomorrow.

Ran 10.3 miles @ 8:40/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 148/157
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Lower 20s, overcast.
Long pants, fleece jacket, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.


5 comments:

Thomas said...

Great news, long may it continue!

Grellan said...

looking good. Let hope all the six numbers come in.

mindy said...

SWEET!!!

Andrew said...

I hope you win!

UMaine Cooperative Extension said...

Well you know what they say, 'You gotta play to win!'

Let's hope the rest of your balls drop...