Thursday, September 27, 2012

Test Run

I'm feeling a lot better compared to the past two days but am not out of the woods yet. Still, definitely well enough for a short test run today. Plan was to run it easy but if I felt okay to go a little faster I'd let it happen.

Ended up with a progression run and the splits were 8:13, 7:39, 7:22, 7:14, 6:43 and the last half mile at a 6:17/mile pace. Went pretty well but it felt like more work than it should have been only because of the cold virus my body is shaking off. Probably should have kept it easier but am no worse for the wear. 

Tomorrow is going to be challenging for getting a run in. Have to go to Augusta for work and am opting to stay in the area and camp out at Lake Saint George State Park since we have a cross country meet in Belfast on Saturday. Would rather not run early morning to help maximize rest but hopefully I'll have some time in the late afternoon before it gets dark. 

As for the meet in Belfast, I'm really looking forward to it. It's a huge meet, with nearly 70 teams including three from Canada (one from Prince Edward Island). Can't wait to see what our runners can do there and I'll no doubt run the course a few times before their races get underway. 

Ran 5.5 miles @ 7:21/mile pace. 
Paved roads.
Very hilly. 
Mid 60s, sunny. 
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

No comments: