Monday, September 17, 2012

MDI Marathon Thoughts

A couple of short runs at an easy pace today, before and after cross country practice. Despite yesterday's run, the legs felt pretty darn good, relatively speaking. Safe to say that's because I only got in 46.3 miles for the week last week, but the two quality tempo runs help make up for the low mileage.

Been thinking a lot about my goals for MDI. I'm not as well prepped as I was for Boston last April (though the heat derailed those race goals). However, I think I'm in better shape for MDI than I was last year.

So numbers wise, that all translates to this: I'm hoping to PR (currently 3:12:09 set at MDI last year). The question is by how much. I'm still kicking around some numbers, but I'm currently thinking under 3:10 is reasonable and around 3:07 is possible. That's based on how my tempo runs have been going. We'll see.

Ran 2.9 miles @ 8:20/mile pace.
Ran 3.1 miles @ 8:08/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Lower 70s, sunny.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

5 comments:

middle.professor said...

The boston training was also MDI training. 307 would be kick ass.

Unknown said...

Leave some room for "maraton magic". Anythings possible on the right day! Good luck Jamie!

pathfinder said...

You sound "very" ready...good luck Jamie

Thomas said...

The PR is pretty much a given. The question is merely by how much.

Good luck!

Jeremy Bonnett said...

You're so consistent and smart with training, and have bided your time so well I think this one will be magic!