Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Rain, Trails and Pack Running

The cross country team was to get in their LSD run today. Varsity boys, varsity girls, JV boys and JV girls were pack running, hitting the trails near the school. Nice rain was falling and it was cool but not too cool out. 

I ran around, checking in on everyone and running with each group for a bit. Equated to a little over four miles for me and I called it good after that. Had planned on seven today and five tomorrow so I guess I'll just flip flop the days. 

Though it's still pretty far, the weather forecast is more or less looking nice for Sunday. Very much looking forward to it. Going back up to MDI the weekend after and then again two weeks after that. I accidentally learned when I started teaching nine years ago that ramping up the fun weekend activities is a smart idea at the beginning of a school year. Helps balance out the stress of a new school year, but I should mention that it's a good kind of stress. Things are just hectic that first month and it's good to break away. 

Ran 4.2 miles @ 9:38/mile pace. 
Trails. 
Slightly hilly. 
Lower 60s, overcast, light to moderate rain. 
Merrell Bare Access, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap. 

No comments: