Monday, September 10, 2012

Recovery Monday

Still a bit bummed about yesterday's race, but hardly the end of the world. It's just a race after all. But with only the MDI Marathon left for my race season, it does have me reflecting on what has been a bizarre race season.. full of awesome successes but equally awesome disasters. Chalk yesterday up in the latter category, and hopefully MDI will be in the former.

But with that one race left, all focus is on doing well at MDI. I do have some goals in my head but am hesitant to mention them to anyone yet until I get in a few more speed workouts and see how they feel. It's just been hard to gauge where I'm at lately. Yesterday would have been a great indicator, but that went out the window.

So, today's run(s): Got in two miles while waiting for the cross country team to arrive after their warm-up. Slow and creaky at first, but felt the legs loosening up quickly.

Two hours later I got in three more miles barefoot on the soccer fields. Could tell that the two miles earlier really helped loosened things up, and the barefoot running only helped. This one felt pretty great.

Scheduling a run tomorrow is going to be tricky due to it being a long and jam-packed day. Will try to get something in but may have to take a rest day, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm hesitant to get up early morning for a run since I'll be at the school until 8pm tomorrow, so we'll see.

Ran 1.9 miles @ 8:49/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 60s, overcast.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

Ran 3.2 miles @ 8:09/mile pace
Grassy fields.
Flat.
Mid to lower 60s, partly sunny.
Barefoot, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

1 comment:

mindy said...

You are running so strong Jamie - MDI is in for a killin'!