Saturday, June 09, 2012

Viva Variety!

Ran on a mix of paved roads, dirt roads and trails this morning, taking advantage of the cooler air. Went well. Easy pace but even still the rust feels like it's continuing to fall off. Very happy about that.

As the mileage ramps up, I'll also gradually widen the gap between the hard and easy workouts, minimizing the moderate stuff. I anticipate being back in somewhat decent race shape by the end of the month. Yes, my wedding and preparations could complicate the training, and of course that takes precedence, but I should be able to work around everything.

Ran 5.1 miles @ 8:42/mile pace.
Paved roads, dirt roads, trails.
Very hilly.
Upper 50s, sunny.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

1 comment:

mindy said...

Glad things are feeling good - love the variety of your run today. I ran on the morning of my wedding and it was the perfect way to start a perfect day!