Thursday, June 07, 2012

A Fine Run on a Fine Day

I had meant to run yesterday, but I had to get recertified for First Aid/CPR and the class ran late. Afterwards, opted not to run, which I hated to do and kicked myself for it later.

I was a little concerned about feeling mentally drained again as I had a meeting today after school to get recertified for teaching, but it went smoothly. It only took ten minutes and now I'm good to go for another five years. Afterwards, I quickly changed and hit my 12 mile route. 

I definitely felt a little rusty, but I expected that. I haven't gotten in any double digit mileage runs since the stomach bug fiasco at Sugarloaf. Kept the pace easy as planned and it went well enough. Fortunately, the weather was awesome out. Varying clouds and 62F/17C outside...simply great running weather. Really appreciated that. Fun run. 

Ran 12.1 miles @ 7:49/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Very hilly. 
Lower 60s, varying clouds (light rain at start, sunny in the middle, clouds at the end). 
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

No comments: