Thursday, June 28, 2012

Recovery Run, Part Deux

It became apparent a few miles into this run that it probably would have been wise not to do it at all. But alas, I went on with the route as planned. Kept the pace wicked slow and just rolled with it. Legs feel a bit beat up and tired. Nothing bad, nothing injured though. Just tired legs that would benefit from some rest. 

Pretty apparent why. Kind of a jump in weekly mileage last week with nearly 62 miles, plus 10 consecutive days of running, plus the race last night... the body is asking for a rest day.

Had planned on a double tomorrow. Definitely not running in the morning now. Will see how I feel in the evening when I have a trail run/cookout planned with friends. I might be up for a few miles by then, but if not, I don't think I'll have any trouble taking a true rest day and looking after the food and beer while everyone else runs.

Ran 4.6 miles @ 9:01/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Lower 70s, partly cloudy, humid.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

unstrung said...

Wicked steady. Way to crush a proper recovery just as hard as the race. Nice.