Friday, June 15, 2012

3 X 1 Mile

I had a vivid nightmare last night about today's workout. I dreamt that my first split was the fastest and it was only eight minutes and change. The second was ten something and I can't remember what was up with the third.

Thankfully, it didn't go that horribly. Goal was to be consistant and hit all three under six minutes. Hit the splits in 5:47, 5:51 and 5:56. Not terribly happy about each mile getting slower. However, I haven't done these in a while, so I'll cut myself a little slack.

400M active recovery after the first mile. After the second, a bio break was needed. Ducked into a porta-pottie and it only took a little longer than the active recovery but it was at least 20-30 degrees hotter inside that thing, so I muse that it about evened out.

Normally, I like to do five repeats, but felt just doing three was smart at this stage. Also, it was a good assessment of where I'm at right now, which is better than I thought but I still have a good amount of work to do.

Afterwards, cooled down with a barefoot run on the adjacent athletic fields, then helped Kate move her classroom for the rest of the day (she's teaching second grade next year instead of kindergarten).

w/u: Ran 1.0 mile @ 7:54/mile pace. (track)
3 X 1 Mile: 5:47, 5:51, 5:56.
c/d: Ran 1.1 miles @ 10:03/mile pace. (fields)

Mid 60s, sunny.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap. Barefoot on cooldown.

1 comment:

Grellan said...

I'd be very happy with 3sub-6 minute mile repeats Jamie. My last repeats were about 6:15/20. Well done.