Friday, September 09, 2011

Pre-Dawn Trail Run

Today will be busy especially since we have a cross country meet this afternoon, so the best window of time to get in a run was early. I was out the door at 4:35am to hit the trails for a five miler at an easy pace.

Felt pretty good and awake despite not having run this early in a while. I normally hear barred owls hooting and screeching on this stretch of trails, but no signs of them this morning. A bit disappointing, but otherwise a good little run.

Ran 5.1 miles @ 9:16/mile pace.
Trails.
Mostly flat.
Upper 50s, cloudy skies.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, long sleeved shirt (sleeves pulled up 1.2 miles into the run), headlamp.

4 comments:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

I usually only get up that early for surf sessions. Strong work man!

mindy said...

Nice work Jamie - dawn patrol! Good luck at the meet this afternoon.

sn0m8n said...

Are you sure it was 1.2 miles when you rolled up your sleeves? Not 1.3? Not 1.1? Not 1.25?

Jamie Anderson said...

For some reason that stuck in my brain. Funny how the mind works sometimes. I just figured I'd make note of it, even if it is pretty irrelevant.