Saturday, September 24, 2011

Volunteerin' and Runnin'

A big event sas happening today at Pineland Farms to raise money for the Cancer Community Center in South Portland, which included group bike rides and also a 10k and a 5k trail race. My buddy Stephen was the RD for the trail races, and I was more than glad to help out. I helped distribute the bib numbers and then worked the finish line along with Jeff and Jim G.

Race went pretty smoothly and all of the entrants appeared to have a great time running in some pretty muddy and squishy conditions. Afterwards, I hit the trails, running the main loop on the campus side at a planned easy pace. 

Felt okay. Legs felt pretty heavy, which I think was a delayed reaction from the mile repeats the other day (legs felt better yesterday) and also some pretty crappy humidity. Still, not too bad. Today was about taking it slow anyway. Tomorrow will be a longish run with some MP mileage thrown in. Looking forward to that!

Ran 8.0 miles @ 9:57/mile pace. 
Trails. 
Very hilly. 
Lower 70s, overcast, humidity. 
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

1 comment:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Sounds great. Wish I could have joined you all.