Thursday, September 15, 2011

Run Up Mt. Hope

Very light days Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday off. Legs feel rested and recovered from Sunday's race so time to put them to work again. Opted to run an extremely hilly route that goes up Mt. Hope and then hits Hanson's Ridge.

Goal today was run at a natural pace. In other words, let my legs dictate the speed. No pushing it, just run how the legs want to. Reason for that was to give a better gauge where I was at after the Bruiser. That resulted in an above average pace for this route. I didn't kill it or anything, but anything below 8:00/mile on this route for me is definitely decent.

Might have to run pre-dawn tomorrow, and if I'm lucky, I can sneak in a shorter run in the afternoon. Man, work is just uber-busy lately, but at least it's the good kind of busy!

Ran 11.0 miles @ 7:50/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Extremely hilly.
Mid to lower 60s, overcast, intermittent light rain.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.


No comments: