Saturday, July 16, 2011

Two Laps Around The Back Cove

Didn't feel like running roads. Didn't feel like dealing with deer flies in the woods. Needed to pick up groceries at Trader Joe's in Portland. That all added up to make running the Back Cove a pretty sound option.

Ran two laps, expected to just do an easy pace. But after a few miles to warm up I was feeling good so I let the pace drop naturally and it felt really easy. Good run, despite it being pretty hot out. Kate ran also and got in three laps and did great.

Happy that Trader Joe's was restocked on the larger cartons of coconut water (they were out last week). You can get a liter of it there for $3.25, which is about how much a pint of it costs at Hannaford. I love that store. If I wasn't already engaged to Kate, I'd ask it to marry me.

Ran 7.2 miles @ 7:21/mile pace.
Packed trails.
Slightly hilly.
Lower to mid 80s, sunny, breezy.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: