Friday, July 01, 2011

Bonus Run

Did a second run this evening so I could run with Kate. Of course, it's a fine way to spend quality time together. We saw a strange looking beetle off the side of the road and noted the increased traffic due to it being a holiday weekend, but otherwise a pretty uneventful run.

Shaping up to be a high mileage week for me, which is good. I'm handling it comfortably and it's a good confidence builder for the 50K at the end of the month. I've felt totally recovered from last month's 50-mile race for at least a couple of weeks now, so good to add some more hay in the barn or at least maintain it until it's time to taper down for the race.

Speaking of tapering, I'm thinking of imploying a two week taper instead of my usual three. Reason being simply because trails beat you up way less than roads and I've been doing more training on trails lately in prep for the 50k and the Bradbury Mountain Trail Series this summer. However, if the weather continues to be warm without any breaks and the deer flies are bad as a result, may opt to do more roads and adjust the taper accordingly. We'll see.

Ran 2.9 miles @ 10:30/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 70s, partly cloudy.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for running with me!