Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Better Weather and Bad Dogs

Much better weather this morning, and that'll be the trend for the next several days, fortunately. Still warm, but not as bad as the past few days and the humidity is noticeably less.

Had an easy nine on tap for this morning. It was pretty uneventful, except for a dog that harassed me on the back roads. Looked like a boxer, and it got really close and was barking non-stop. I stood still and was yelling at it, but despite that and the dog's constant barking it took the owner, an obese woman who didn't look terribly bright, a long while to open her door and call the dog back. She didn't even apologize. In fact, she said nothing. 

I somehow managed not to tell her what I was thinking at the time, which I kind of regret, but my lack of a filter sometimes gets me into trouble so maybe it was for the best. Next time I run this route, however, I'll have the pepper spray with me and won't hesitate to use it. 

Ran 9.2 miles @ 8:11/mile pace. 
Paved roads. 
Moderately hilly. 
Lower to upper 70s, sunny. 
Saucony Kinvaras, shorts, cap. 

No comments: