Sunday, July 03, 2011

Récupération

Today was all about true recovery, so I kept the motto of "if I go any slower, I'll be walking" in mind throughout the run. Route was a mix of trails and roads, roughly five miles of trails and roughly two and a half of roads. The latter provided some relief from deer flies, and I mostly kept to the dirt shoulders.

Opted to run in the Merrell Trail Gloves for a few reasons. While my legs feel pretty darn good after yesterday's mountain run and a high mileage week in general, they're still a bit tired. When tired, form suffers. The Gloves keep the form honest (specifically, addressing heel striking).

Also, when running barefoot or in true minimalist shoes, I always keep it slow. This helped ensure I kept the pace in check.

Will likely head out later today for a second recovery run. Honestly, the main reason in doing so is just to edge my weekly mileage over 80 for the week but it'll also serve to keep the legs loose. That all being said, I plan on taking a rest day tomorrow.

Ran 7.6 miles @ 9:51/mile pace.
Trails, some paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Mid to upper 60s, overcast, very humid.
Merrell Trail Gloves, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: