Sunday, July 03, 2011

80+ Mile Week in the Books

Another short, very slow run today to keep the legs loose and also get in over 80 miles for the week (80.9 total). This was good for me mentally and physically, but I don't expect to repeat this amount of weekly mileage for a while. I think I best maintain a proper balance of not risking injury as much while maximizing my training when I average between 50-70 a week.

But that being said, it feels good to have pushed the limits a bit and get in some quality training this week in prep for the 50K at the end of the month. Tomorrow will be a rest day, and would like to get in some interval work and another long run next week.

Ran 4.6 miles @ 8:45/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Mid 70s, overcast, very humid.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, cap.

5 comments:

mindy said...

Daaaaaaaaamn! Nice work J-Rock! What do you get for winning that 50K?

Scout said...

Excellent : )

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Impressive!

John said...

All year my mileage has been exactly half of yours. If I ever lose track I can just look up your miles and divide by two. Even when you jumped to 80 I ended the week with 40.

middle.professor said...

Daaaaaaaaaamn. I'm jealous.