Friday, July 08, 2011

Easy Fiver

After yesterday's slog, best to keep the pace easy today and the distance short so that's what I did. Energy felt much better than yesterday though, which was good. Tomorrow will likely be something similar to help ensure I have pretty fresh legs for Sunday's Bradbury Scuffle.

Goals for that race? I dunno really. I wasn't in the best shape for last year's race, so beating that time should be easy enough, barring something bad happening. My carrot, Ryan, is on the DL so I don't have the goal of beating him. I'll just run it as hard and as smart as I can. I'm anticipating it being a really stacked field again this year, so if I'm top 30 I'll be happy, but we'll see.

Ran 5.6 miles @ 8:12/mile pace.
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 60s, overcast, humid.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

2 comments:

sn0m8n said...

I'm not sure how I feel about being the carrot you want to beat.

Jamie Anderson said...

Consider it a compliment. I knew if you were healthy, you'd be seeking revenge after last year's Breaker. :-)