Saturday, December 11, 2010

Say, Wait a Minute...

I ran a route that I hadn't run in awhile, and thought it to be shorter than it actually was. So, instead of around 11.5 miles I got in an even 14 instead. I realized my mistake about halfway through the run.

Not a huge deal though, since I was keeping the pace slow anyway. A solid dusting of snow on several long stretches of the road shoulders helped to govern the pace.

I didn't feel too peppy the first few miles due to a bacon, eggs and toast breakfast but once the stomach settled down a little I was fine after that. Good run overall.

Ran 14.0 miles @ 8:09/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 137/147
Paved roads, stretches covered in dusting of snow.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 20s to mid 30s, partly sunny.
Saucony Kinvara, tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

Powered by RunningAHEAD.com

2 comments:

John said...

Since your heart rate stays more or less even does that mean you pushed hard enough on the downhills that the effort was the same as going up?

Jamie Anderson said...

Yep, pretty much. Running by feel.