Thursday, December 09, 2010

Long Shadows

Winter solstice is right around the corner, and with that the sun doesn't really get very high up in the sky this time of year. The long shadows of the afternoon slowly diminished as the sun disappeared behind the tree tops while I ran. I was thankful to be wearing my reflective vest for added safety and the pace picked up a bit in the second half which had the added benefit of thwarting off the chill of the dropping temperatures.

I've only just cracked into double digit mileage a few times since the Stone Cat Marathon last month, so I would have been happy with around 8:00/mile. I was feeling pretty good, however, so I let loose a little more.

Pretty chilly out here. I was dressed okay but the $3.00 gloves I bought at Marden's yesterday performed like $3.00 gloves. Fingers were a touch cold towards the end but not too bad.

Ran 15.0 miles @ 7:32/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 149/168* (data skewed.. very erratic HR readings first several miles.. AHR probably around 5 bpm less)
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid to lower 20s, sunny, breezy.
Saucony Kinvara, fleece jacket, short sleeved shirt, refl. vest, beanie, gloves.

No comments: