Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This Run Went to Eleven

Set out today on a very hilly route on the backroads from my house that's a little over eleven miles. Wanted to do marathon pace or faster, depending on how I was feeling.

Despite some initial sluggishness due to mowing down three brownies a few hours prior to the run (shouldn't I have learned my diet lessons by now?), I was able to keep the pace up and surprised myself a little at the results. Big climbs the first half of the route which were challenging, but the subsequent downhill and two miles of relative flatness to the end were pretty nice.

Great run and a great confidence builder. Not only that, runs like this put more hay in the barn. Really happy this one and am patting myself on the back a bit. Easy run tomorrow and speed workout Thursday.

Ran 11.3 miles @ 6:59/mile pace.
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Upper 60s, overcast.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, short sleeved shirt, hand held bottle (diluted lemonade).

3 comments:

Love2Run said...

Smokin! Make sure the hay stays in the barn!

Scout said...

Wicked fast! Maybe the brownies were good after all : )

ashleyjane36 said...

I laughed my ass off when I read the title. "11 is Louder Than 10." Good run!