Saturday, August 07, 2010

That's Better

Felt pretty craptastic during my previous two runs, so it was nice to rebound a bit today. Felt energetic and all around fine. Granted, the pace was slow, but I was barefoot and I never push the pace when I'm shoeless anyway. But the energy and pep that was absent the past two days was present today, and that's what's important.

Feeling pretty good about the race tomorrow. No real goals, other than just to run it hard and smart and see what happens. Looking at it more as my weekly speed workout than an actual competition as of right now, but I'm sure that'll change a bit once I'm lined up tomorrow and waiting for the signal to go.

Ran 5.8 miles @ 8:25/mile pace.
Grassy fields.
Flat.
Upper 60s to lower 70s, partly cloudy.
Barefoot, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: